Date: July 23, 2020
Policy on using club premises for Parties/Functions/Meetings.
1. All requests for use of the club facilities for meetings, parties or other functions shall be referred to the Vice-Commodore for decision. If the Vice-Commodore has any concerns a decision will be referred to the management committee.
2. Any request to use the club premised for parties/functions must be made by a member of the club or the request must be supported by a club member.
3. A non-member wishing to use the club for a function must become a pavilion member to satisfy conditions set out in the 1904 Registration of Clubs Act.
4. There will be a charge of €30 for use of the club for meetings.
5. Arrangements for staffing and security will be the responsibility of the Vice-Commodore, in conjunction with the bar manager. Any security costs deemed necessary will be charged to the organisers
6. Access to the downstairs area, the tennis courts, the pontoon and other boating areas, are strictly forbidden, unless with the express permission of the Vice-Commodore.
7. The club will not accept bookings for 18th birthday parties and will accept bookings for 21st birthday parties only from families who are members of the club.
8. The Vice-Commodore may request a deposit of €100 to cover any damages or cleaning costs. If no costs are incurred this deposit will be returned. The Vice-Commodore may, on occasion seek a larger deposit.
9. If the kitchen is used by the organisers, there will be a charge of €30.
10. The party organisers must ensure that no damage is done to the premises when hanging decorations etc. They must also ensure that the premised is left in a clean and tidy condition after the party. They are responsible for all cleaning and washing up in the kitchen. All waste food must be disposed of properly.
11. Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians and must vacate the premises by 9.00pm.
Date: May 14, 2020
We are delighted that the club will operate a phased re-opening of our Sporting facilities from Monday 17th May. Both the Tennis & Boating Committees have been working hard behind the scenes in conjunction with Tennis Ireland and Irish Sailing to develop a series of Protocols that will help us to keep our members safe during this time.
Date: April 02, 2020
In the interests of all our Club members, our community, and in line with Government Guidance, the Management Committee has with regret made the decision to close Wexford Harbour Boat and Tennis Club until 12th April and will then review in the light of updated HSE guidance.
In making this decision, the Management Committee has considered guidance from many sources including HSE, Tennis Ireland and Irish Sailing and also recognised the limitations of a Club like ours to keep its members and community protected.
Thank you for your understanding. This has been a very difficult decision for all and we are particularly aware of the implications for our staff who have been so supportive in all we do.
We are also conscious that our Club provides a special social outlet to some members and we value their enjoyment of the Club. With the Club closed, and other local facilities closed or reduced, some of these members may struggle. We ask that members consider this need and wherever possible check in on their fellow members and friends. If anyone is in difficulty please do not suffer alone but call the Club and we will try to arrange for someone to contact you.
We are a Club for all and together we will get through this difficult time.
Thank you for your understanding
On behalf of Management Committee.
Date: January 15, 2020
Tennis AGM will take place on Thursday 23rd January @ 8pm. This is your opportunity to discuss tennis matters for the last and coming year. Members Only.