Our constitution has been updated, to view please visit Constitution 2021
Date: December 02, 2021
Date: December 02, 2021
Please see attached notice to Mariners No 14 of 2021, No 4 & 5 buoys Wexford Harbour.
Date: October 01, 2021
Summer Junior Tennis Co-Ordinator Required for WHBTC
We are currently recruiting a Junior Tennis Co-ordinator to arrange team tennis, doubles, mixed and singles for Juniors of all ages in an enthusiastic and fun manner.
The primary objective is to encourage Junior players, increase participation and enjoyment and to facilitate progression of all levels from beginners upwards.
Focus primarily on playing for fun and;
(1) For beginners: games to learn basic skills-how to hold the racket, hit the ball, hand eye co- ordination, ball skills
(2) for novices: game play to learn forehand, backhand , serve , moving round the court, basic rules of tennis
(3) for intermediate: games to learn match play etiquette, general improvement
Hours of work: Three sessions per week, two hours per session possibly more depending on demand.
Skills & Experience
· The ideal candidate should be an experienced tennis player with an interest in coaching or a coaching qualification and a passion for encouraging and helping children of all ages to enjoy and improve at their tennis.
· Garda Vetting and Safeguarding 1 are essential requirements for the position
Apply with CV and Cover Letter outlining your interest in the role to email@example.com on or before Monday 21st June 2021.
Date: June 18, 2021
Date: April 20, 2021
We are looking to recruit an ISA qualified Advanced Sailing Instructor to run our Level 4 Junior Sailing Courses in July & August. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with CV if interested.
Date: April 14, 2021
Wexford Harbour Boat and Tennis Club are now recruiting for the following positions;
ISA qualified Advanced Sailing Instructors
ISA qualified Dinghy Sailing Instructors
Helpers – Assistant Dinghy Instructors
Courses are currently planned from the 28th June to 20th August 2021, subject to Government restrictions at that time.
Application closing date is Friday 26th March 2021.
Apply with C.V. to:- email@example.com
Date: March 26, 2021
We have received updated guidance from our sporting bodies
and the Government that clarifies that
Apologies for the changes and rather frequent updates, but
we are simply reacting to the guidance from our Sporting representative
associations and from Sporting Ireland and the Government. We are passing it on
as soon as we possibly can in what is a very fluid situation.
In the meantime, stay safe and if you need assistance,
please just call. We have volunteers just ready to help.
Enda Murphy, Commodore
Enda Murphy, Commodore
Date: October 28, 2020
FURTHER CHANGES TO RESTRICTIONS FROM TENNIS IRELAND
Despite the guidance on Club activities provided last night and this morning, unfortunately I must report a significant change.
Tennis Ireland have amended their instructions and requested all Clubs to suspend ALL Tennis activities. This includes junior coaching.
At this time guidance on boating remains unchanged.
The situation is fluid and the Sporting Ireland expert group is meeting later today so we may see further changes.
The Management Committee will endeavour to keep you up to date.
Date: October 22, 2020
LEVEL 5 COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT
Regrettably, we now face into further restriction during this new lockdown and we must adjust our Club activities accordingly. Over the last 48 hours we have been working with our two representative sports bodies to clarify how the regulations apply to us, and they in turn have been working with Sporting Ireland and the Dept of Sport. As a result of these discussions, the following will now apply.
Boating and Sailing
Discussion on certain issues continue so I would not be surprised if we see further points of clarification in the next few days and weeks, but for now these are the regulations that apply.
We have been specifically asked to remind our members of the reason for the restrictions and the need to observe the spirit of the guidance to protect ourselves and our community. Our reputations and our sports reputations are also at stake.
As earlier in the year, we will put in place a zoom coffee morning once a week so that friends may interact in a virtual world. If you would like to be involved, please let us know by email and we will try and link you in.
In the meantime, let us look out for each other and if in difficulty or feeling isolated, please let us know and we can arrange some assistance. Despite all we say about each other, deep down, we are a real friendly bunch!
Date: October 21, 2020
Policy on using club premises for Parties/Functions/Meetings.
1. All requests for use of the club facilities for meetings, parties or other functions shall be referred to the Vice-Commodore for decision. If the Vice-Commodore has any concerns a decision will be referred to the management committee.
2. Any request to use the club premised for parties/functions must be made by a member of the club or the request must be supported by a club member.
3. A non-member wishing to use the club for a function must become a pavilion member to satisfy conditions set out in the 1904 Registration of Clubs Act.
4. There will be a charge of €30 for use of the club for meetings.
5. Arrangements for staffing and security will be the responsibility of the Vice-Commodore, in conjunction with the bar manager. Any security costs deemed necessary will be charged to the organisers
6. Access to the downstairs area, the tennis courts, the pontoon and other boating areas, are strictly forbidden, unless with the express permission of the Vice-Commodore.
7. The club will not accept bookings for 18th birthday parties and will accept bookings for 21st birthday parties only from families who are members of the club.
8. The Vice-Commodore may request a deposit of €100 to cover any damages or cleaning costs. If no costs are incurred this deposit will be returned. The Vice-Commodore may, on occasion seek a larger deposit.
9. If the kitchen is used by the organisers, there will be a charge of €30.
10. The party organisers must ensure that no damage is done to the premises when hanging decorations etc. They must also ensure that the premised is left in a clean and tidy condition after the party. They are responsible for all cleaning and washing up in the kitchen. All waste food must be disposed of properly.
11. Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians and must vacate the premises by 9.00pm.
Date: July 23, 2020